Collingwood Lighting offer you the opportunity to register for an extended warranty period on all of its LED lighting products marked with the logo from one year to three, five or seven years dependant on the applicable extended warranty available. In addition to this, a two year `on-site’ warranty is available for selected commercial products. All our products are carefully checked, tested and are subject to the stringent controls of Collingwood Lighting Quality Assurance. Within the applicable Warranty period of 3, 5 or 7 years, or 2 year on-site*, Collingwood Lighting will replace, repair, rectify or take back products, which Collingwood Lighting deems to be defective as a result of a material or manufacturing fault provided that the following conditions are complied with:
• We are promptly informed of the defect.
• This extended warranty applies to all applicable products purchased from an authorised wholesaler.
• Must be applied for by completing the Collingwood Lighting Warranty Extension Registration Form online or returning a completed printed form to Collingwood Lighting, Brooklands House, Sywell Aerodrome, Sywell, Northampton, NN6 0BT within 90 days of purchase.
• The Product was originally installed by a qualified electrician according to the instructions supplied with, or printed on the product.
• The Product was installed in suitable environmental conditions (including but not limited to ambient temperature, moisture level and air flow) for that Product;
• The Product has not been altered or modified in any way;
• The Product has not been subjected to misuse (incorrect operation by the user, connection to or operation with an unsuitable power supply);
• The Product has not been previously repaired by a person other than an authorised representative of Collingwood Lighting;
• The Product has not been used for any other purpose than that for which it was designed
1.1 If all of the above conditions are satisfied Collingwood Lighting will issue an Extended warranty document. All Collingwood Lighting products carry a minimum warranty period of one year. The rights and benefits under this warranty and this extended warranty are additional to your statutory rights, which are not affected.
2.1 During the Extended Warranty Period, Collingwood Lighting undertakes at its discretion to repair or replace free of charge either the whole Product or any part of the Product that Collingwood Lighting deems to be defective as a result of a material or manufacturing fault. The whole product needs to be returned, unless advised.
2.2 If Collingwood Lighting is unable to replace or repair any defective Product(s) under the Extended Warranty it will use reasonable endeavours to provide an alternative of similar specification and quality or to offer the closest alternative available.
2.3 Any repaired or replaced Product(s) will be covered by the Extended Warranty for the remaining Extended Warranty Period in relation to the original Product(s) supplied.
3.1 In the event that Collingwood Lighting replaces any of the products in accordance with clause 2.3, the Extended Warranty remains valid for the remaining period of the original Product(s) supplied and no new Extended Warranty will be implied.
4.1 Collingwood Lighting shall not be liable for any unauthorised repairs or for any replacement fitting installed by an unauthorised installer.
4.2 Collingwood Lighting shall not be liable for any loss of profit, or any special, indirect or consequential loss, or any costs, damages, charges, fees or expenses except for liability that Collingwood Lighting is not allowed to exclude by law.
4.3 Collingwood Lighting’s total liability in connection with the provision of the Product(s) shall be limited to the price paid by the customer for the Product(s).
5. MAKING A CLAIM UNDER THE EXTENDED WARRANTY
5.1 In order to make a claim under the Extended Warranty, please contact the Collingwood Lighting Customer Service Department by post at Collingwood Lighting Limited, Brooklands House, Sywell Aerodrome, Sywell, Northampton, NN6 0BT, United Kingdom, or via telephone on +44 (0) 1604 495 151, or via email email@example.com
5.2 After authorisation, please return the complete product, or sub-assemblies/parts as directed by the Customer Service Department together with the unique warranty reference number.
5.3 Product(s) returned under the Extended Warranty should be appropriately packaged to prevent damage during transit. Any return under the Extended Warranty is done at the sole risk of the customer and Collingwood Lighting will not be liable for any damages or losses sustained during transit.
5.4 All carriage and return charges/duties are the responsibility of the customer and are not covered by the Extended Warranty.
5.5 This Extended Warranty is non-transferrable.
6. TWO YEAR ‘ON_SITE’ WARRANTY
Collingwood Lighting offer a 2 year `on-site’ warranty which applies to:
- High Bay (Springbok)
- Low Bay (Lentus)
- Anti-Corrosive (Caiman)
- Battens (Borealis)
- Panels (Solis)
The 2 year on-site warranty is applicable to products purchased from 1st Sep 2021, subject to the conditions outlined below.
1. Applies only to new products from the date of purchase from a Collingwood Lighting authorised wholesaler. Goods must be registered within 3 months of purchase.
2. The warranty applies to goods purchased in the United Kingdom only.
3. The on-site warranty is not available to products that were purchased second hand, at an auction, or any other means.
4. The 2 year ‘on-site’ warranty applies in addition to the terms and conditions contained in our standard 5 year warranty.
5. This policy includes replacement product and on-site charges for Collingwood Lighting approved technicians, or authorised agents that relate to faulty Collingwood Lighting product which have been installed for their intended purpose.
6. Collingwood Lighting shall only be liable for repair costs carried out by Collingwood Lighting approved technicians or authorised agents. Collingwood Lighting must receive a quotation and agree upon the amount on the quote, before any replacement works commence. Any unauthorised costs or invoices will not be accepted by Collingwood Lighting.
7. This 2 year ‘on-site’ warranty is non transferrable and is only applicable to the registered warranty holder.
8. On making a claim, these documents are required:
a. proof of purchase;
b. electrical installation certificate, as per BS 7671;
c. electrical installation condition report, as per BS 7671;
On-Site warranty exclusions:
• Emergency products covered by a 1 year warranty, including but not limited to the LEDEP06 and LEDEP08.
• Non-compliance with installation and safety regulations given in the installation instructions and BS 7671.
• Faults caused by the installer through installation errors including, but not limited to, connection to an incorrect or unstable power supply.
• If the product has not been installed by a qualified electrician if applicable by law or regulation or as instructed by Collingwood Lighting.
• Inappropriate use or intentional damage by the owner or third parties.
• Repairs carried out by parties other than a Collingwood Lighting authorised representative.
• External influences (e.g. weather, transit damage).
• Accidental damage.
• Exceeding the Product’s usage limitations.
6. FURTHER CONTACT
If you have any queries regarding the registration of the Extended Warranty, please contact our warranty department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
or Tel: 01604 495 151*2 year on-site warranty is restricted to selected commercial products